Baked Corn Cakes
(Philips Food Processor 7000 Series
& Philips Airfryer)
The perfect snack for a Sunday brunch spread or for a weekday tea-treat, these Baked Corn Cakes are also suitable for vegetarians.
- Serving size: 12 pax
- Preparation time: 2 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cups castor sugar / molasses
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon yellow colouring
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup creamed corn
- Pour eggs into Philips Food Processor 7000 Series
- Add castor sugar / molasses, vanilla essence, yellow colouring and coconut milk. Using a double balloon beater, whip the ingredients together for 1 minute.
- Pour creamed corn into the mixture via the funnel.
- Add in the flour by batches via the funnel and mix evenly.
- Coat a baking tray with some oil and insert into Philips Airfryer. Heat up the baking tray at 160°C for 5 minutes.
- While the baking tray is hot, pour in the batter mixture until the baking tray is ¾ full.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the Philips Airfryer if you are using a 4-inch baking tray.
- Once the Baked Corn Cakes are golden brown, remove from the Philips Airfryer. Let it cool and remove from the baking tray.
- Serve warm.