Focaccia (pronounced fuh-kaa-chuh) is a flat-oven baked bread. For this simple and must-try recipe, it is infused with rustic garlic and rosemary flavours
A homemade and much healthier option than the processed store-bought versions, choose to have the bread during any time of the day either on its own or make a simple balsamic vinaigrette with olive oil and balsamic vinegar to dip and eat.
Garlic & Rosemary Focaccia
- 210ml water
- 1 tbsp olive oil (for dough)
- 1 tsp salt
- 350g bread flour
- 7g instant yeast
- A few sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 tbsp olive oil (for topping)
- 6-8 clove garlic (chopped)
- Place kneading blade into bread pan.
- Pour in water, add oil and salt.
- Add in flour, one teaspoon of chopped rosemary and finally yeast on top.
- Insert the bread pan into Noxxa BreadMaker Oven Toaster.
Select PIZZA DOUGH programme and press START. (This process takes 55 minutes to complete.)
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Knead the dough by hand for about 1 minute. You may add some flour during kneading if the dough is too sticky. Press the dough flat onto the baking tray.
- Cover with cling film and let it rise for one hour in the Noxxa BreadMaker Oven Toaster.
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Mix chopped garlic with 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Brush it over the dough. Make indentations all over the dough using the end of a spoon. You can put some rosemary sprigs into the indentations for decoration.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Brush the surface of the focaccia dough with a little more olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Serve warm!
Get your hands on the Noxxa BreadMaker Oven Toaster