Floating Icon
21 FEB 2024 LIFESTYLE 2 MINS READ 1343 VIEWS

Customer Favourites 2024 – ARTISTRY SKIN NUTRITION Multi-Defense UV Protect SPF50+ / PA++++

AN0224-ART-Sunscreen-CF-top.jpg

When it comes to skincare, there are numerous myths circulating that can lead to severe misconceptions. One such myth is the belief that sunscreen is only necessary when the sun is out in full force. However, science tells us the contrary, stating that UV rays can penetrate clouds and cause skin damage even on cloudy or overcast days.  

Choosing_the_Right_Sunscreen.jpg

As we continue the Customer Favourite series, let's debunk this myth and highlight the importance of wearing sunscreen every day, regardless of the weather conditions. 

uv-ray.jpg

 

Clouds Can't Provide Full Protection 

Many people have fallen into the trap of thinking that clouds act as a natural barrier against harmful UV rays. While clouds may indeed filter out some sunlight, it should be noted that not all UV rays are blocked. In fact, clouds can filter out as little as 20% of UV radiation, leaving 80% to reach our skin's surface. It's clear that reliance on cloud cover alone for protection is a risky gamble. 
 

UV Rays: The Culprit Behind Skin Damage

Regardless of whether it's sunny or cloudy, UV radiation always remains a constant threat to our skin. This invisible radiation is divided into two types: UVA and UVB. UVA rays penetrate deeper into the skin, causing premature ageing, wrinkles, dark spots and long-term damage. UVB rays, on the other hand, are largely responsible for sunburn and immediate damage.

The Danger of Overcast Days

It's a common misconception that overcast days completely shield us from the sun's harmful rays. However, clouds can scatter and reflect UV radiation, leading to an increased risk of sunburn - double the risk on cloudy days compared to clear days. 

ARTISTRY_SKIN_NUTRITION_Multi-Defense_UV_Protect_SPF50_PA_.jpg

Everyday Sunscreen: A Non-Negotiable Defence

Considering the damaging effects of UV radiation, it becomes evident that sunscreen is not merely a cosmetic choice but a fundamental component of daily skin protection. Incorporating sunscreen into your everyday routine helps combat the threat of the sun's harmful rays, regardless of the weather. By doing so, you not only minimise the risk of skin cancer but also help slow down the ageing process and maintain healthy, radiant skin. 

Choosing the Right Sunscreen

Now that we understand the importance of daily sunscreen use, it's crucial to select a suitable one. When shopping for sunscreen, having a multitude of options might get overwhelming. 

Our Recommendation – ARTISTRY SKIN NUTRITION Multi-Defense UV Protect SPF50+ / PA++++

We recommend the ARTISTRY SKIN NUTRITION Multi-Defense UV Protect SPF50+ / PA++++! Boasting SPF50+/PA++++ protection, which is ARTISTRY’s highest-level sun protection, this UV Protect lotion defends your facial skin against UV rays and environmental aggressors. Formulated with our Multi-Filter Blend and packed with antioxidant ingredients, this sunscreen is perfect for daily wear.   

Want to learn even more about this powerful UV Protect lotion? Read here